This is a gem of a race with steep climbs, rough moor and fast paths, typifying all that’s best about South Pennine fell running. Starting close to Todmorden town centre, this race will take you to the parts of Tod that other races don’t reach. Junior races will be run for the first time in 2017 based in the woods at Centre Vale Park – expect steep climbs, fast but runnable descents and (probably) lots of mud!
- Organiser: Darren Tweed. Email: email@example.com
- Date: Saturday 17th February 2018
- Start time: Juniors from 10.30am; Seniors 11.30am
- Race Category: AM under FRA rules. 660m (2,165ft) of climbing over a distance of 13.3km (8.3 miles)
- Entry: £1 for Juniors; Seniors £5 on the day. Race proceeds are to go to Calder Valley Mountain rescue
- Minimum Age: 18
- Prize-giving: 2.30pm (or earlier if all runners are back)
- Food: Drinks, hot food and cakes will be served in the Cricket Club from noon onwards
- Safety and Kit requirements: Please note participation in this race will require full FRA mandatory kit requirements – namely waterproof, whole body cover (taped seams and attached hood), hat, gloves, map, compass, whistle and emergency food. The race covers areas of open, exposed moorland in mid-winter. Kit checks will be made; no kit no run! Thank you. Also please note the Out of Bounds area (quarry) between checkpoints 2 and 3 both for race day, and route reccies. This is a clay pigeon shooting range, so best to give a wide berth for your own safety – the best lines stay well clear of this area
- Course records: Male A. Worster (1:07:11) 2017, Female A. Mason (1:28:41) 2017
Junior Races to start from 10.30am. U9/U11/U13/U15/U17/U19 (Junior age categories are based on age on 31st December 2018). £1.00 entry on the day – goody bag for all entrants
Seniors Course Map
Juniors Course Map
(see map below) Race HQ is Todmorden Cricket Club, Burnley Road, Todmorden OL14 7BS – next to Centre Vale Park. The Cricket Club Pavilion has a bar and a function room, though has limited changing facilities and toilets. The venue is within easy walking distance from the bus and train stations and all town centre amenities.
Parking is available at Todmorden Cricket Club, in the Council run car park opposite the Hare and Hounds pub, or the upper car park of Todmorden Sports Centre. Please car share wherever possible. There is no charge for parking at any of these locations.