Change of Date Notice
Flower Scar has been selected as the British Inter Counties Hill and Fell Championship Race for 2019. It has therefore been moved from its usual February date to May to fit with the FRA championship calendar. Further details below.
This is a gem of a race with steep climbs, rough moor and fast paths, typifying all that’s best about South Pennine fell running. Starting close to Todmorden town centre, this race will take you to the parts of Tod that other races don’t reach.
- Organiser: Darren Tweed. Email: email@example.com
- Date: Sat 11th May 2019
- Race HQ: Hare & Hounds, Burnley Road, Todmorden, OL14 8EA
- Start time: 11am – no juniors to be run this year
- Race Category: AM under FRA rules. 660m (2,165ft) of climbing over a distance of 13.3km (8.3 miles). Please note that a cut-off time will be applied of 2 hours at CP6 (see route map below). This is to avoid race Marshalls beyond this point standing for long periods in winter conditions. Runners reaching CP6 more than 2 hours after race start will be asked to return to Race HQ along Burnley Road
- Entry: £5 on the day. Race proceeds are to go to Calder Valley Mountain rescue
- Minimum Age: 18
- Prizegiving: At The Hare and Hounds
- Food & Drink: The Hare and Hounds pub will be serving hot food and hot and cold drinks, with a potential BBQ outside if the weather is fine
- Safety and Kit requirements: Please note participation in this race will require full FRA mandatory kit requirements – namely waterproof, whole body cover (taped seams and attached hood), hat, gloves, map, compass, whistle and emergency food. Any relaxation of kit requirements will be notified at race registration, but please come prepared. Kit checks will be made; no kit no run! Thank you
- Course records: Male: Andrew Worster, Todmorden (1:07:11) 2017, Female: Holly Page, Calder Valley (1:18:50) 2018
No junior races will be running in 2019
Seniors Course Map
Due to the race’s selection as the Inter Counties Championship Race for 2019, the race will be fully marked. Some amendments to the route may therefore be decided, particularly between checkpoints 1 and 3. There may also be changes to the start location, due to a new race HQ, and another event on the park on the day. A new route map for the 2019 race will be added to the site in due course.
(see map below) we have a new race HQ for 2019. It will be the Hare and Hounds pub on Burnley Road, Todmorden, OL14 8EA
Available at the Hare and Hounds or surrounding streets, including Todmorden Sports Centre on Ewood Lane.