Change of Date Notice
Flower Scar has been selected as the British Inter Counties Hill and Fell Championship Race for 2019. It has therefore been moved from its usual February date to May to fit with the FRA championship calendar. Further details below.
This is a gem of a race with steep climbs, rough moor and fast paths, typifying all that’s best about South Pennine fell running. Starting close to Todmorden town centre, this race will take you to the parts of Tod that other races don’t reach.
- Organiser: Darren Tweed. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sat 11th May 2019
- Race HQ: Hare & Hounds, Burnley Road, Todmorden, OL14 8EA
- Start time: 11am – no juniors to be run this year
- Race Category: AM under FRA rules. 660m (2,165ft) of climbing over a distance of 13.3km (8.3 miles).
- Entry: EOD available if race limit of 350 not reached. Pre-entry £5 at SportSoft. Entry on the day £6. Race proceeds to go to Calder Valley Mountain Rescue
- Minimum Age: 18
- Prizegiving: InterCounties prize presentation by the FRA; further details: https://britishintercountiesfellrunningchampionships.wordpress.com. Separate prizegiving for open (non-county) runners, including team prizes
- Safety and Kit requirements: Please note participation in this race will require full FRA mandatory kit requirements – namely waterproof, whole body cover (taped seams and attached hood), hat, gloves, map, compass, whistle and emergency food. Any relaxation of kit requirements will be notified at race registration, but please come prepared. Kit checks will be made; no kit no run! Thank you
- Course records: Male: Andrew Worster, Todmorden (1:07:11) 2017, Female: Holly Page, Calder Valley (1:18:50) 2018
No junior races will be running in 2019
Seniors Course Map
Due to the race’s selection as the Inter Counties Championship Race for 2019, the race will be fully marked.
(see map below) we have a new race HQ for 2019. It will be the Hare and Hounds pub on Burnley Road, Todmorden, OL14 8EA
Available at the Hare and Hounds or surrounding streets, including Todmorden Sports Centre on Ewood Lane.