The Stoodley Pike Fell Race is a quick dash up and down Calderdale’s most famous landmark. The longest established fell race in the area (started in the 1970’s), it never fails to get a good crowd, perhaps drawn by the sunny conditions that Todmorden Harriers like to arrange for this event. All profits from the race benefit deserving local causes.
- Tues 7 July 2020. 7.30pm start.
- Category ‘BS’ race with 213m of ascent over 5km.
- Course map
- Enter on the night
- Minimum age 14
- Organiser: Jo Daniels 07771 747420 email: email@example.com
1. Failing to carry enough kit is a hazard to yourself, the organiser and others
2. In accordance withe FRA Guidance (Safety Requirements Section 12.1) all competitors should arrive at all fell races prepared to carry/wear the kit specified by the Race Organiser on race day to meet the FRA minimum requirements. This could include any or all of the following: full waterproof body cover, hat, gloves, map, compass and whistle. You must ensure that the kit meets the standards set out by the FRA (ie jacket and overpants marketed as waterproof, with integral hood, taped seams and reaching below ankles). There may be kit checks at the start and finish of the race. Failing to carry the kit specified by the Race Organiser will result in disqualification and become a disciplinary matter reported to the FRA.
3. The organiser does not and cannot warrant that the above kit is sufficient for the conditions. Please assess the conditions expected and decide what extra kit you need to survive unsupported until you finish or reach safety, considering that the greatest risk is if you are forced to stop or slow down.
4. If you do not have experience of negotiating this or similar terrain in similar conditions or worse than those prevailing, or if you are too inexperienced to take a prudent judgment on what kit is needed for your safety in these conditions, please either do not enter or hand back your number before starting. You can always race on a better day.
If the ground is firm and the grass has been cut we should have the use of the field at the back of the pub for car parking. If wet and soggy parking will be on the roads which could cause a few problems. Either way, please car share if possible!
2018 Winners: Annie Roberts (Todmorden) Martin Howard (Calder Valley)
Photos: Stuart Wolstenholme