The Flower Scar Fell Race will return in 2022.
This is a gem of a race with steep climbs, rough moor and fast paths, typifying all that’s best about South Pennine fell running. Starting close to Todmorden town centre, this race will take you to the parts of Tod that other races don’t reach.
- Organiser: Darren Tweed. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Feb 2022
- Race HQ: Todmorden Cricket Club, Burnley Road, Todmorden, OL14 7BS
- Juniors start times: U9: 10.00am; U11: 10.10am; U13/U15/U17/U19: 10.25am
- Seniors: 11.15am
- Race Category: AM under FRA rules. 660m (2,165ft) of climbing over a distance of 13.3km (8.3 miles).
- Entry: EOD only; £5.00
- Minimum Age: 18
- Cut-off: Please note there will be a cutoff point at CP6, 2hrs from the start of the race. Runners will be asked to head back to race HQ along Burnley Road from CP6 after this point, due to marshalls being out on the course in winter conditions for prolonged periods
- Prizegiving: Junior races should be finished by 11.00, so prizegiving will be in the cricket club after the seniors have set off (around 11.15am). Senior prizegiving will be around 1.45pm
- Food: Hot food will available in the cricket club from 12.00pm: pies and sundries (meat and veggie options) £4/head
- Safety and Kit requirements: Please note participation in this race will require full FRA mandatory kit requirements – namely waterproof, whole body cover (taped seams and attached hood), hat, gloves, map, compass, whistle and emergency food. Any relaxation of kit requirements will be notified at race registration, but please come prepared. Kit checks will be made; no kit no run! Thank you
- Course records: Male: Andrew Worster, Todmorden (1:07:11) 2017, Female: Holly Page, Calder Valley (1:18:50) 2018
Juniors Course Map
Seniors Course Map
Available at the Cricket Club or surrounding streets.