The race is on: November 4th 2023
- Sat 4 November 2023 1.00pm
- Category ‘BS’ race with 350m of ascent over 10km
- Enter on the day £6.00
- Minimum age 16
- Course sketch map pdf (new tab)
- Organiser: Andy McFie 01422 847727
- U9s and U11s run together in the first race at 12pm
- U9s run 1 lap, U11s run 2 laps
- U13s, U15s and U17s run together in the second race at 12.15
- U13s, U15s run 2 laps, U17s run 3 laps
- Each lap = 0.5km
- It’s £1 to enter and every finisher gets a goody bag!
- Course sketch map (new tab)
- U9s must be 6 years or older on 31 December 2022
- The minimum age to compete is 6 years on race day; other ages as on 31 December 2022
The Shepherds Skyline Fell Race is our most popular event – and the junior races are as popular as ever! Warm up for bonfire night along this fast, muddy course – with a steep descent off Stoodley Pike for the kamikaze descenders, immediately followed by a stiff climb back up the hill for the stout-legged amongst you. Juniors can expect to get tired and muddy, but that’s half the fun!
1. Failing to carry enough kit is a hazard to yourself, the organiser and others
2. All competitors must carry the kit specified by the Race Organiser on race day to meet the FRA minimum requirements. This could include full waterproof body cover, hat, gloves, map, compass and whistle. You must ensure that the kit meets the standards set out by the FRA (ie jacket and overpants marketed as waterproof, with integral hood, taped seams and reaching below ankles). There *will* be kit checks at the start and finish of the race. Failing to carry the kit specified by the Race Organiser will result in disqualification and become a disciplinary matter reported to the FRA.
3. The organiser does not and cannot warrant that the above kit is sufficient for the conditions. Please assess the conditions expected and decide what extra kit you need to survive unsupported until you finish or reach safety, considering that the greatest risk is if you are forced to stop or slow down.
4. If you do not have experience of negotiating this or similar terrain in similar conditions or worse than those prevailing, or if you are too inexperienced to take a prudent judgment on what kit is needed for your safety in these conditions, please either do not enter or hand back your number before starting. You can always race on a better day.
Early arrivals will be able to use one of the pub’s car parks. Others will be directed to park along the road by our team of marshals. Please do not park in the coned-off gap areas – these act as passing places for larger vehicles (the road is a bus route). Car-sharing is strongly encouraged.
Results (new window)
2023 Seniors • 2023 Juniors • 2022 Seniors • 2022 Juniors • 2021 Seniors • 2021 Juniors • 2019 Seniors • 2019 Juniors • 2018 Seniors • 2018 Juniors • 2017 Seniors • 2017 Juniors • 2016 Seniors • 2016 Juniors • 2015 • 2014 • 2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010 • 2009 • 2008 • 2007 • 2006 • 2005 • 2004 pdf • 2003 • 2002 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999
Photos (new window)
2017-S1 • 2017-S2 • 2017-S3 • 2017-J1 • 2016-S1 • 2016-S2 • 2016-S3 • 2016-J1 • 2016-J2 • 2016-J3 • 2016-J4 • 2015 • 2014 • 2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010 • 2009 • 2008 • 2007 • 2006 • 2005
2018 winners: Nathan Edmundson (Ilkley) Holly Page (Calder Valley)