FLOOD RELIEF | NEW DATE FOR 2016
Boxing Day 2015 saw the worst flooding the Calder Valley has ever seen, so as a mark of respect to those involved and the already strained emergency services the all new Red Hot Toddy was postponed.
With the hard work and organisation already in place, the decision has been made to run the Red Hot Toddy 10k on the 7th February 2016, with all profit going to the Community Foundation Flood Appeal to help local homes and businesses.
We welcome runners of all abilities, so if 10k is too much for you, bring the family along for the 1 mile fun run!
- Organiser: Emma Osenton; email: email@example.com
- Date: Sunday 7th February 2016
- Start time: 11.00am
- Registration: Todmorden Cricket Club (details below)
- Entry: £5 attached/£7 unattached on the day. All race proceeds going to Calderdale Flood Relief Appeal
- Online Entry: Click here to enter online
- Marshalls: Provided by – thanks to John Lloyd at Cannonball Events for their support
- Fun Run: 1 mile; 10am start; £1
- Further donations: can be made via the following link: https://localgiving.com/appeal/Flooding
- The race will also be run in December 2016 as scheduled
Click on the map to visit the GoodRunGuide website to view a fully interactive version of this course map (link opens in a new tab/window).
The accurately measured 10km course consists of two laps of tarmac park road on Centre Vale Park, followed by a single hilly lap of rural and town centre roads finishing back on the park road.
The high point of the course is just before half way on Todmorden Edge, before the long descent down to Bacup Road and back into town along Rochdale Road. Total climbing is 219m.
The race HQ is Todmorden Cricket Club Centre Vale, OL14 7BS (see map below). There is parking space, changing facilities, food and a bar. Registration and prize giving will take place in the well-appointed main function room. There is plenty of parking space on and near to the cricket ground.
The start and finish points are located a short jog away in the adjacent Centre Vale Park.
Results archive – please note: these are all for the old 5.8 mile course which is now consigned to history.
2013 Winners: Ian McBride (Royton RR), Jessica Oliver-Bell (Shettlestone Harriers)