The Hot Toddy 8.9km Road Race is a great way to meet old friends and run off some of those excess festive calories. See the delights of Todmorden from the tarmac! After 5½ hilly and scenic miles you’ll be ready for a steaming cup of our unique hot toddy – brewed in secret to a recipe that our Uncle Barry guards jealously. Cheer on the fun runners before the main event (or even join in!).
- Sunday 28th December 2014. 11.00am start.
- £4.00 (£6 unattached) – £1 extra to enter on the day.
- Min age 16.
- 8.9km (~5½ miles) over the established town and country course.
- Also 1 mile fun run through Centre Vale Park at 10.00am open to all.
- Organiser: Kath Bridger
How to Enter
- Online entries for the 2014 Hot Toddy are via the SportSoft website. There is NO SURCHARGE for using this service – great value and you don’t have to pay for a stamp. Newcomers to the SportSoft system will have to register first (easy!).
- Postal entries using a “traditional” postal entry form: here’s the PDF
- All numbers will be collected on the day to avoid Christmas post delays.
- Closing date for postal and online entries is Friday 19th December 2014.
- You can enter on the day (many people choose to) for an extra £1 – don’t forget your UK Athletics Reg. No to avoid paying the £2 unattached levy!
Location (see map below)
Race HQ is Todmorden Cricket Club, Burnley Road, Todmorden OL14 7BS. There is plenty of car parking available close to the race HQ and throughout the nearby town centre. The main race starts/finishes at Dale Street, Todmorden Town Centre and the Fun Run is in the park nextdoor to the race HQ.
2013 Winners: Ian McBride (Royton RR), Jessica Oliver-Bell (Shettlestone Harriers)